Friday, September 21, 2012

The writing is on the Road

 
I gave this card to my son who is a Mechanical Engineering major at RIT.  I wanted to create the subtle background impression so after stamping and coloring the frame of the plate I embossed it with my gears folder.  I stamped the date and cut it out and adhered it. 
 
The real trick to this card was keeping it a secret from my son over the summer.  I think he was truly touched when I left him (after helping him move in) with a card from home as he embarked on his new journey or it could have been the money inside! LOL!
 
Ingredients
Card size - 4.25 in x 5.5 in
Cardstock - Neenah Solar White Classic Crest Smooth
Paper - The Paper Studio
Stamps - Autumn Leaves "License Plate"
Accessories - Cuttlebug Gears embossing folder

No comments: