Monday, July 25, 2011

Yeah, that didn't work

So the concept was to use my fabby new Hero Arts stamps to make some thank you notes that needed to be sent out already.  The  plan was to use purple for the typewriter, gold for the paper and an orange for the background, stamping in black.  This should work, Right?

So I stamp my typewriter black on purple and all is well... maybe I just should have left it at that but no I didn't.  I decided to put crystal effects on typewriter to make it glossy.  It curled when dry.  I stamped the "thank you" on gold and tried to make it look like paper. Hmm the paper is too big for the typewriter.  Lastly I put my orange paper through my die cutting machine and the embossing folder must have thought it was a die cutting folder...

You know I'm going with it.  I'm not perfect and I am proud!  Who wants to be card making elite?  I just want to get my cards done and sent out on time! LOL! and hopefully they are cute, and no one has ever made a prettier, cuttier, more scrumtious card right?!

Oh well back to the drawing board time!

Ingredients
Card Size - 4.25 x 5.5 in
Cardstock - Georgia Pacific
Paper - The Paper Source
Stamps - Hero Arts
Ink - Memento
Accessories - Crystal Effects

No comments: