Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve

So just what happens when you challenge yourself to use up a slab of paper and some peel-offs (I didn't even make a dent in them!!!) and one stamp for your Christmas cards ...

I have at least 101 things to do but I thought that for the Christmas Season I would post examples from the series I sent out for our cards this year. I know people love to make a huge variety of cards - however I have to say I love to find a theme and run with it and see where it takes me. This year's card started with wanting to use the Rob&Bob slab I got in the summer at Michael's and the Father Christmas photo stamp I picked up at Hobby Lobby - hope you like.




All the cards have the Father Christmas image in black on white mounted on black... I have to say I found it interesting how when using supplies and changing one element (this time patterned and plain paper cardstock) in a design would just make the card seem different. It was with this series of card that I initially decided to print on the base cardstock (I had bought a load of white cards). I tried the entire image on white and the solid black and then came up with this checked image which I think gives a "tweedy" air about it with the Rob&Bob making it a bit more funky.



The swirls are from a clear set from HOTP and the plain greens are from a bright slab from DCWV and the red was a variety of open cardstock from Michael's.
Thanks for the comments so far - I don't think I will keep up with the daily blogging but its fun to have a place to show what I have been up to. Hopefully over the next couple of days I will work out the links on the side of the template to show some of my fav blogspots.

1 comment:

Hazel said...

I love your cards - what a gorgeous stamp. Wishing you a very Happy Christmas.