Saturday, January 26, 2008

A card with scraps and few bits!

I thought I would share this card I made by using scraps of paper I had about and embossing powder, a snowflake punch, some vellum, a few clear stamps and some Aluminium foil!

I punched foil and vellum snowflakes and used the negative of the vellum too. I used kaleidoscope embossing powder all over the foil snowflake square and clear embossing powder all over the message panel that I had already dotted with a silver sharpie and stamped the message with Adirondack denim. Very simple but I think it is quite effective and shows what you can do with just a few things that aren't so special in and of themselves. Hope you like!

Thanks Wendy-AnnTaurus for telling me that I managed a DCM dare! so I have linked into DCM - I have truthfully been trying to do a few challenges and dares but its not easy keeping up lol!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great card and what a good idea! Well done xx

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

What a lovely card...and a great idea ^.^

Anonymous said...

Great card, love the dotting with a sharpie and embossing trick. Thanks.

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

This is very effective and perfect for the Daring Card makers Challenge this week with the kitchen foil!

Jo said...

Great way of using up any bits and pieces.

Andrea, said...

Fab card, great idea

Kathy said...

Hi there, welcome to the Daring Cardmakers - you'll have to join in more now you've done this one!

I like the kaleidoscope embossing powder - I love that you never quite know what fabby effect you'll get with the stuff

Sandy said...

Wow wonderful creation. Lovely.

tillymint said...

What a super card!

shaz earl said...

great card and what a great idea xxx

Angelnorth said...

Isn't it great when you 'accidentally' do a dare - a sort of something for nothing moment! This looks lovely, punching the flakes from foil was a great idea.

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Wow...I so love this...As always your work is terrific!!!