Wednesday, May 13, 2009

British Invasion in a card!

I made this card for the Inkafriends gallery. I just had this image of using this stamp set to express my love of British Music from the Beatles, Rolling Stones, Queen, Led Zepplin, Sparks, Duran Duran, Wham, Depeche Mode, Wet Wet Wet, Eurythmics, Pet Shop Boys, the Stone Roses, Happy Mondays, Blur, Oasis, Stereophonics, Robbie Williams, Radiohead, Gorillaz, Muse, Kaiser Chiefs, Franz Ferdinand, Kasabian, and you will probably even find me singing along with the Ting Tings.

Well you get the idea LOL.

The card itself is a single layer with masking. First, I stamped the guitars and the "You Rock!" and colored with Copics. The next step was to create two guitar masks, one "You Rock!" mask and two long strips of paper masks to help make the Union Flag reference. I stamped the light blue winged skull images first and I eye-balled the placement. Then I stamped the darker blue stars to layer the look even more. Next it was time to take off the strips of paper masks and stamp the border to create the red lines.

I really enjoyed making this card and hope you like it and it inspires you to do something musical with your stamps!

Ingredients
  • Card Size - 5.5 in x 8.5 in
  • Stamps - Inkadinkado
  • Inks - Palette, Memento
  • Color - Copic markers
  • Cardstock - Georgia Pacific, Archiver's

No comments: