Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Graduations are like buses...

you seem to wait forever then three come at once . Yes, I know it is graduation season however, I didn't know "I" needed to make any graduation cards until last week. How do I miss these things. So anyone this one for my mother to send my cousin from "the family".


My thinking behind the card is that college graduations tend toward black mortar boards and tassels and then I used the school's colors which are supposed to be deep purple and gold... well this is my take on that.


I just want to know one thing... when will I ever learn to leave well enough alone. I was going for the nice crisp look but then I somehow decided that the embossing needed to be "highlighted" I wish I had stopped before I did it but I didn't and definitely didn't have time for a re-do - so lesson hopefully learnt this time. I'm not upset at what the card looks like just that I didn't stop to get the look I wanted to achieve. On a positive note, I have two more graduation cards to practice "stopping" at the right time.


Ingredients
  • Card size - 5.5in x 8.5in
  • Cardstock - Bazzill, Neenah,
  • Stamps - Kitchen Sink Stamps
  • Ink - Memento, Brilliance
  • Cuttlebug and Scor-Pal embossing

2 comments:

Treacle said...

Hmm I have that problem too except I don't like what the end result is lol. Oh well one day i'll learn.

Love the card though

xXx

Smriti said...

LOL! What a headline :). When I read it, I was trying to complete it but couldn't come up with anything. Then when I read the post, I couldn't stop laughing!!