Thursday, October 4, 2012

Nom! Nom! Nom! Crunchy!

I made this card for my eldest to send to my youngest for his birthday.  He loves Dragons.  On top of that when discussing what our eldest may and may not need for university, I asked if he needed a trunk at which my youngest said - "Does he get an Owl and a wand too"?   Sometimes you really can't make these things up!  Thus I decided he needed a Dragon card from university.

I wanted a lot of texture for the background to imitate dragon scales and I wanted them irregular so handcut every row as randomly as possible.


The image and greeting were stamped on glossy paper and I colored the image in with Copics, adding texture and shading, and then tore around the image and greeting to keep it rustic. The mount for the image and greeting looked better being graphic like the image.

I originally went with putting the mounted image straight on the base and it didn't seem to portray the appropriate amount of fun and whimsy and I just wanted that power of that dragon fire to knock it off kilter, thus I tilted the image on the card.  I think it works and keeps it fun.

BTW the green cardstock as part of the mounting was a happy accident.  I just love the way it replicates the colors from the image, wish I could say I was a genius and planned it that way!

Ingredients
Card size - 8.5 x 5.5 inches
Card stock - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White Smooth, Recollections, Wassau, Hammermill Color Laser Gloss Paper
Stamps - High Hopes Stamps
Ink -  Memento Tuxedo Black
Color - Copics



No comments: