Saturday, October 6, 2012

Superstar Birthday Soccer Owl

Sometimes the simplest cards are the more complex to make to keep them looking simple.  That made sense right?

I made this card for our dear friend who is a Sheffield Wednesday supporter and a "SuperStar!"


I knew I wanted depth and clean lines for this card and something different from the football (soccer) shirts I have done for him in the past.  So I started thinking about our nickname for him and knew I need to use my star dies and a great image but what image?  I was racking my brain for days.  Sometimes this really is a slow process and then I thought "oh I will just put a football/or owl in the middle and be done with it" Then I remembered this little guy that I had from a Hero Arts set and thought it would be fun to perch him on a football (soccer ball).

I die cut the stars and stamped the image through the back star for placement on the inside of the card.  I then opened up the card and colored the owl with copics and shaded the ball. 

On the top star I stamped the "Super!" in Memento danube blue twice to get the intensity and then used Memento markers to accentuate the different layers of the stars and tie in the colors.


The top layer was adhered to fun foam to create more dimension for the card and googly eyes were adhered to the owl, which to be honest gave the owl a completely different look to the stamp .

I used one of the die cuts on the back of the card to cover the bleed through from the Copics and to sign my name as maker.  This added an extra shadow effect that I couldn't capture on the camera.

Ingredients
Card Size - 8.5in x 5.5 in
Card Stock - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White Smooth
Stamps  - Hero Arts You Hoo Owls; Kitchen Sink Stamps Never A Loss 4 Words; Recollections Comic Talk 

Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Danube Blue
Color - Copics

Accessories - Spellbinders Nestabilities Stars, Googly eyes.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very good!