Wednesday, October 3, 2012

H20 Pink Butterfly

I decided I wanted to try painting my stamp with my Twinkling H20s and then misting them and to stamp.  To be honest it seems to have turned out like a do it yourself Rorshach Test.  This was the best one so I decided to make it into a card. After stamping the butterfly I had to let it dry.  Then I used a circle mask to leave a highlight around the butterfly when I stamped and airbrushed the background. 

I liked the concept of this card but I don't know if I really like how it turned out.  It was fun trying different techniques and keeping it to one layer though.

Sometimes I have difficulty in putting a sentiment on a card, guess I solved that problem for this one!

In the end this was a messy time consuming process and I didn't like the result.  I might try it again with a rubber stamp in the future.  I did toy with the idea of going ahead and stamping the other two steps of the butterfly on top but didn't want to risk the one image I really liked after I had stamped this about a gazillion times (okay that might be a slight exaggeration).  I'm sure I will try it again though probably not this year!

Ingredients
Card Size - 8.5 in x 5.5 in
Cardstock - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White Smooth
Stamps - Kitchen Sink Stamps (3 step butterfly) (Happy Birthday)
Ink - Memento London Fog, Tuxedo Black
Color - Twinkling H20s, Copic for airbrushed background.




No comments: