Wednesday, January 23, 2013

TARDIS in London

 

Hello Sweetie!

Firstly, my family are Dr Who fans.  Secondly I about cried with joy when I found this stamp on VivaLasVegastamps. Love! Love! Love!  Did I mention I love this stamp - great size, great subject!  When I saw the police box stamp I knew I had to make it fly and that I already had a London background stamp to ground it.  From there it was just some assembly required and to be honest this is one of those times when the image in my brain actually turned out on the card itself.  SQUEEEE!

However, that said that doesn't mean there aren't things I wouldn't do differently.  I versamarked the mat but you can't really tell, not even in real life, so if I do that again I will emboss it too.  And maybe add a few more gears/watches to the sky.  Debating whether I would versamark or really make them stand out. Hmm.

Ingredients
Cardsize - 8.5 in x 5.5 in;
Cardstock - Neenah Classic Crest Smooth Solar White; Recollections:Black;
Stamps - VivaLasVegastamps: London Skyline; Blue Police Box; Hero Arts: Watch Gears;
Ink - Versamark; Memento: Tuxedo Black;
Color - Copics; American Crafts: White Gel Pen;
Accessories - Black Embossing Powder; Dimensionals; Airbrush

5 comments:

Susan M. Brown {sbartist} said...

This is totally A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!! I totally love your creation using the police box stamp. I am now following your blog, too! : ) Susan

DeeDee Catron said...

Kristen - this is AWESOME! I hope you don't mind, I'm going to share it on the VLVS! Facebook later today :) facebook.com/vlvstamps ♥

Susan M. Brown {sbartist} said...

I PINNED this too!! Thanks for making my day :)

Taheerah said...

Hang on - WHAT?! There's a stamp that can look like the TARDIS?!! I have got to get me that!! This card is awesome, I love the London skyline below too!!

Melissa said...

W-O-W! This is absolutely stunning! I LOVE the background and the scene you created!