Saturday, March 30, 2013

Hoppy Easter!


A not so quick CAS (clean and simple) card for my eldest for Easter.  TBH it is the only Easter card I made and I really like it.  So that means no one else will.  I'm not sure the effort justifies the outcome though.  Lining up all those letters and resisting coloring in the flowers - well I did a test run and it overpowered everything even though it would have been true to design rules to triangulate the blues it was just too heavy.

What I like about this card is how busy and yet "clean" it is.  The triangulation of the green. Yes, it is a long, flat triangle but it works and grounds the scene.  AND that I made this pastel card for a MAN!  So go on and throw that preconception out the window.  Honestly, tell me why this isn't suitable for a guy?  It drives me to distraction when I read "rules for masculine cardmaking" sort of threads and they say "use dark earthtones" etc.  Just how un-Springlike would this card have been in "dark earthones"!!!

Well that is that mini-masculine card making rant over.  I hope you and yours are have a beautiful Sunday no matter what holiday you are celebrating.

Ingredients
Card Size - 4.25 x 5.5
Cardstock - Neenah Classic Crest Smooth Solar White
Stamps - Gina K Designs: Lots of Letters; Stampendous: Spring Things
Ink - Memento: New Sprout, Desert Sand, Summer Sky

ETA I finally worked out how to put that blue triangle in! I should have just dotted the center of the flowers.  Maybe I will revisit and have one or more in my stash for next Easter!

3 comments:

Ardyth said...

Well I love it. Love those letters (I have them, but need to get using them!) and that bunny is adorable!

Joan B said...

adorable and love those colors

Taheerah said...

You know what? I totally love the Nirvana grunge card! It is so awesome!!