Friday, February 7, 2014

Crafting with Lindsay the Frugalcrafter - Daffodils watercolor

Yet another great video tutorial from Lindsay! And I'm doing these in no particular order. Just as a tutorial or technique peaks my imagination. Here is a link to Lindsay's tutorial.

Anyway here is my 1st attempt at these daffodils.


I learnt how to draw a daffodil.  WooHoo!  Also that I wanted to clean up my drawn lines more before applying watercolor pencil. Also that it takes deft skill to make that background look effortless. Still I'm happy with my first attempt and I think I might try again with my inktense.


Ingredients

Size - 5.5 in x 8.5 in
Cardstock - Canson watercolor paper 100lb
Color - Derwent watercolor pencils

So it is later and I tried it with the Inktense and cleaning up my sketch... getting there.  Night time lighting not helping.



No comments: