Sunday, January 18, 2015

Mother's Mittens


When I was making this card I was thinking about the patterns trend at the moment and seriously thought this card was going to be for our Niece.  Once I finish it, I liked how traditional it felt and decided I would send it to my MIL. Instead.  Yeah, if you look at it you can see placed where the pattern doesn't line up correctly, but isn't that sort of the point of handmade at times.  I could have stressed out and restamped that line of stamps on another background and had the same problem again.  I decided to just go with it.  

I decided that the mittens had to match and then to add the satin and velvet ribbons from my stash.  That velvet ribbon is an off cut from Christmas bow decorations I made.  I decided it wasn't that different to the flocked paper I have bought in the past and I think it adds the right level of luxuriousness to this card.  I love this card even with its imperfections. 

Ingredients
Card size - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2";
Cardstock - Recollections 110lb and 65lb ivory
Stamps - Gina K Designs: Warm Woolen Mittens; Kitchen Sink Stamps: Whole Family;

Ink - Memento: Love Letter, Toffee Crunch;
Accessories - Velvet ribbon, Satin Ribbon

No comments: