Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Flutter by, Butterflies for an 80th Birthday.

A card for our dear Auntie on her 80th Birthday day - I wanted a strong image but still feminine. I think I just about got there.

The main butterfly is from Kitchen sink stamps, stamped with Memento inks. I then put glossy accents over the image to raise it. Once that was dry I cut it out and embossed it with the square nestabilities. The dotted organza ribbon is from a selection I picked up at Hobby Lobby.

The small butterfly is vellum punched out with a Martha Stewart punch and colored over with copics to imitate the original stamped image.

Using JustRiteStampers I made up the greeting and stamped it directly on the card and used Martha Stewart black glitter over the 80 to highlight - dang that stuff is good.

Let me know if you like it.

Ingredients
Cardstock - DCWV, Georgia Pacific
Stamps - Kitchen Sink Stamps, JustRiteStampers
Ink - Memento, Copics
Accessories - Martha Stewart glitter and punch, Ribbon, Nestabilities

No comments: