Thursday, October 22, 2009

I've got the Moo-sic in me! What Party a Animal.

I love this cow stamp from High Hopes! It's downright moo-ving, and makes me feel so moo-sical! It is absolutely udder-ly fun! The punny thing is that this card started with the candles!

For some reason I had Sixteen Candles in my head for my niece's 16th Birthday - well I think we can all agree I put a few more than sixteen on here but the stamp just made such fun and unique background paper.

I also used the cake from the same Stampendous set so our cow would have a purpose other than to party her life away!

My cow likes to party all the time, party all the time, party all the time...oh dear went a bit 80's retro there for a moment! However I made certain she was ready to impress, her cake candles have stickles and her hoofs are polished (glossy accents) and what silly card worth its milk doesn't use googly eyes when the opportunity presents itself?!?!?!

I cut out our party cow and cake and then had to think... what would pop with the colors I had already selected. I decided that pink and green color combo doesn't get the love it once did (and having a massive mound of green cardstock staring at me as well probably didn't hurt).

Now to decide on the layout... well I never said my process was straight forward. I had already decided to have a more upright card by the placement of the candles, thought they might look a bit odd on their sides LOL. So I trimmed up my artwork GASP! HORROR!! to make it fit the front of my card and started mounting everything... now the guilt trip over the little slip of tenderly stamps and colored background - my aha moment was to mount it and use it to decorate the inside of the card which you can just see with the photo.

Hope you like it! and thanks for all the support.

INGREDIENTS
Card size - 8.5 x 5.5 inches
Cardstock - The Paper Source, Neenah, Georgia Pacific

Stamps - High Hopes Party Cow; Stampendous Fifteen Candles;
Ink - Palette Noir
Copics -
Cow - 0, W3, W5, W7, C5, C7, E50, E51, R00, R20
Cake - 0, RV000, RV02, RV04, RV06, R00, Y02, Y06, Y08, C3
Background - RV02, RV04, Y02
Accessories - Stickles, Glossy Accents, googly eyes

No comments: