Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Bugging a Tomboy birthday!

I think this has to be my favorite card I have made recently.
There were several things I wanted to accomplish when I made this card. I wanted the image to be of a not so girlie girl and for you to get the impression that although there is a bow in her hair and a flower in her pocket that the bow is there because her mother put it in and she is far too engrossed in tomboyish pursuits and discovery to worry about it.

Secondly I wanted to use a quirky color combo that was actually inspired by some early Halloween cards that I had seen (take that hot pink and make it purple and I think you will see what I'm talking about).


I chose my colors of cardstock first before I started to color my image, so that my color choices would compliment the image. After I colored in the little girl in Copics I decided that my glass jar would look a bit green around the edges I had already decided the bugs would have a glow about them when I colored her face in so I just went for the yellow glow. Of course because the girl isn't too girly the bugs and flower had to be sparkly so they got clear Sakura stardust on them and then what you really can't see in the pictures is that the glass jar was cover in glossy accents.

The patch on her knee reminded me of my heart Nestabilities and I looked at them and decided I wanted the sentiment to be subtle so I embossed the heart with my cuttlebug folder before cutting it. You can just see in the main photo how the ribbon goes through the heart and I debated ages about adding the brad and finally decided to do it. What do you think?

For the inside of the card I decided to use the negative of the scalloped heart as a mask to pounce the inside with color and stamp the sentiment over.

Ingredients
Card size - 5.5in x 8.5in
Cardstock - Neenah, DCWV, Michaels
Stamps - High Hopes, Kitchen Sink Stamps
Ink - Palette noir, Memento Rose bud, Memento Tangelo
Copics - E00, E02, E93, G000, 05, Y00, YR00, YR02,YR04, YR07, V15, V17, RV02, RV04, E33, E35, E37, C1, C3, C5, C7, B000, B00.
Accessories - grosgrain ribbon, brad, Nestabilities, Cuttlebug embossing folder, cropadile, Sakura stardust clear.

No comments: