Friday, October 23, 2009

Masculine mechanic mania (birthday didn't sound right!)

I just had to do this card quick and to the point - I wonder if it "qualifies" as CAS (clean and simple) - I guess it might only be a OLW (one layer wonder)
This card is pretty straight forward. I stamped my Clear Dollar Heavy Metal stamp in Memento London Fog for the background. I then played. I put the nuts on the card, then the wrench, then the screws and then worked out that I could put the Happy Birthday sentiment with three screwdrivers across. As I wanted the Happy Birthday to pop I opted for Lady Bug Red and then stamp more screws across the top.
With the little peek toward the inside you can see that I stamped the screws and screwdrivers in London Fog again on the bottom of the inside of the card.
I guess its obvious this card was for the special mechanic in my life, however, I think it can easily be given to a mechanical hobbyest too.
Ingredients
Card size - 5.5in x 8.5 in
Cardstock - Georgia Pacific
Stamps - Clear Dollar Stamps - Heavy Metal, Screwdriver and Screws, Wrench and Bolt.
Ink - London Fog, Memento Tuxedo black, Lady Bug

No comments: