Monday, February 8, 2010

A 2010 card! but only on the scanner

Sorry I don't have fancy photography for this one - I had camera issues and had to get it sent on its overseas journey - so on the scanner it went.

I covered the entire front in S.E.I. designer paper Alpine Forest (the white around the card is the scanner lid). The image is from Clear Dollar Stamps. I used it for my BIL because it reminded me of the birds that advertise Guiness which is just perfect for my BIL. I chose the cardstock to reflect that history and earthiness of the thick stout. After deciding on a layout I thought I should emboss a greeting but I wanted it unobstrusive, so I decided to use my Kitchen Sink set and Zig white embossing powder so that the "Brother" was there but not glaringly so.

I think the card is a little quirky with the mix of earthiness and cute birds but I think I like it because of that; I could have bought a card that was either or but this combination is truly unique because it is handmade. What do you think? Did I take it too far? Not far enough?

Ingredients
Card size - 8.5 in x 5.5 in
Cardstock/Paper - Neenah, S.E.I.
Ink - Memento, Versamark
Stamps - Clear Dollar Stamps "Hanging Out" , Kitchen Sink Stamps "Whole Family"
Copics - 0, B000, B00, C3, C5, C7, E50, E51, E08, E49, R35, R37, YR02, YR04, YR07,

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Excellent, I love the guiness birdies!!!lol, and your colouring is great!!!