Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Christmas 2009

We are over a month into the new year and I haven't posted up 2009 Christmas cards - I decided to just give myself a break and get them done rather than trying to be the Superwoman of crafting. So here they are.

What do you think. I made an effort to use up some Rob&Bob paper stack - and to be honest I think I got 96 cards out of one sheet of each design!!! I really have to try harder to use it before I hate it. I did resist picking up another designer paper pad a couple of weeks ago when I popped into Michael's after getting my car serviced. I loved the paper but I just don't have the room at the moment. I also made use of a lot of left over gingerbread colored cardstock from Michael's that I had left over for cardstock I bought for last year's Christmas cards.


The gingerbread man is from High Hopes love the stamps but didn't like the wait and am disappointed that others are still having issues. They now sell through wholesellers so that is probably the best way - I don't know if I would have the guts to pre-order with them though.

I used this card as inspiration - Toni Storie . I hope everyone thinks I did it justice.

Of note, I will buy SCAL or similar for my cutter as cutting 100 Gingerbread men is a pain in the hand (now just what did you think I was going to say????)

So here's the details of a card that looks really simple but had a lot of steps to make it look just right -

Ingredients
Card size - 4.25 in x 5.5 in (yes that is a change for me!!!)
Cardstock/Paper - Neenah, Archiver's open stock, Provocraft Rob & Bob, Michael's
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Color - Copics - E11 or E21, R29, R22; Sakura or American Craft white gel pen. Black fine point Sharpie

No comments: