Sunday, November 14, 2010

Ding Dong! or is that Dingbat?

 This is the culmination of a card idea I have had in my head for literally years.  It all goes back to when I was in the school play "The Wizard of Oz" in 5th grade, and then years later saw a doormat at a Warner Bros store with the legs sticking out and "Ding Dong" on the mat.  I kicked myself later for not buying that doormat.  So this is my way of making sense of it all and creating a card to celebrate such a great movie/play.

I stamped the legs and shaded them with copics and colored in the ruby red slippers with my sakura glitter gel pen.  I cut them out to place on the background which is a brick pattern stamped on yellow cardstock  The wording I cut using my cricut, design studio and  Plantin SchoolBook font.

Recipe -
Card size - 4.25 in x 5.5 in
Cardstock - Neenah, Recollections, The Paper Source
Stamps - Viva Lasvegastamps, Cornish Heritage Farms (I think they closed earlier this year and haven't heard if anyone is offering their designs elsewhere).
Color- Sakura, Copic
Cricut Expression - Plantin SchoolBook

No comments: