Thursday, March 3, 2011

A Class Act!

Classy right?  Well, I know this is kinda generic but it was inspired by a coming together of ideas and comments.  I was reading a thread on Splitcoaststampers about the images from Cricut being too childish.  Now you may disagree but I think this one is pretty simple and ageless, rather than childish.  I made this for my 17 year old as in the last few years he has been exploring his theatrical side and gaining more confidence with each performance.
There is a card cut on the cartridge and I used that to make the base with the black masks over the opening  I then covered those masks with an identical white cut out and another one that I had highlighted and shadowed with copics and popped up from the other white masks with some coasters I had collected.

I didn't like the "gap" around the masks as such.  I decided I would go in behind and add some texture.  I then lined the card with another layer of gold/yellow cardstock. 


Do you get the song reference with this card as well?  "Ah huh, You know what it is?" (another nod to a song that my son seems to be singing all the time at the moment though he's a Colts fan! :S ! LOL!)

Recipe
Card Size  8.5in x 5.5 in
Cardstock - The Paper Source (textured black), Recollection (white/gold)
Cricut Cartridge - Locker Talk
Cuttlebug - dots embossing folder
Color -  Copics (C1,C3)
Accessories - Cricut Expression, Cricut Design Studio

No comments: