Friday, March 4, 2011

Perfectly Pink Girlie birthday

I do so many masculine, boyish cards that sometimes it's really good to let myself go and really go for it with the girlie ones!  There is lots on this card but supplies-wise its fairly straight-forward 3 cardstock choices, two inks, 4 stamp sets, markers, nestabilities, circle cutter and a bit of bling... hmm maybe there is more to it than I thought!  I guess it just goes to prove when you are in the zone with a card it flows.
To be honest I colored this image last year.  I always have trouble at the beginning of the year switching from Christmas and winter blahs to getting cards done and as my Brother in Law and dear, youngest cousin have birthdays 4 weeks after Christmas I just can't afford to lose my mojo like that.  It's the first time I have tried to do that and I have to say I really enjoyed the process.  I picked this image for my cousin because she has this little black cat that honestly follows her around like a dog and pines for her when she is at school by sitting by her bedroom door and crying for her loudly. 

 I chose the pinks from what I had left over from a Recollections paper pack that I bought a couple of years ago and decided I wanted to stamp tone on tone and just see how that turned out.  The base is Neenah and I stamped "9 Today" repeatedly to create a background.  I then used the same ink to continue with the greetings on the pale pink cardstock.  The large circle was cut before stamping and the small circles after.  I wanted the greetings to stand out a bit more so one I highlighted with white dots and the other with white faux stitching.  After cutting and matting the image with nestabilities I felt the whole card needed a bit of bling so I adhered three rhinestones in each corner of the mat.
Recipe
Card size -  8.5in x 5.5in
Card Stock - Neenah, Recollections
Stamps - Kitchen Sink Stamps, High Hopes stamps
Ink - Memento Tuxedo black, Rose bud
Color-  Copics, American Craft white gel pen
Accessories - Nestabilities, Martha Stewart Circle Cutter, Rhinestones

No comments: