Saturday, March 5, 2011

3D Hydrangea card.

I really like how this card turned out.  What do you think?  It's the birthday card I sent my dear Mother-in-law.  It was quite time involved but pretty simple to put together in the end.  My general stamping style isn't "pretty" but I think this actually fits in the pretty mode.  I had to post this so I hope it survived its 4,000+ mile journey somewhat in tact.  I think if it hadn't my Mother-in-law would have said. 
I can't really say how this card came about...if you are into reading, it was a very stream of consciousness event.  I was playing and inspired from a variety of sources. 

Last year I made my MIL a really involved card with multiple layers of stamping, embossing etc.  So I knew I had to come up with something at least equally as good.  I was playing with my hydrangea punch in January just punching card excess from the previous pink card and playing with my embossing stylus to see just what it took to make those magnificent flowers I have been seeing everywhere.  Well, by the end of television viewing time with the family that night I had quite a few formed blossoms in hand!  I had to decide if/how to incorporate them on a card for my MIL.  I went through my stamp collection and found out the Kitchen Sink Stamps Hydrangea set... hmmm... lets take this dimensional like a photo and have the stamped hydrangeas set the scene and the 3D one as the focus.  I was also inspired by the clean look from the Simplicity blog and the CAS threads on Splitcoaststampers.  I decided to use my memento ink and just go tone on tone on tone for the step process to keep the focus on the main bloom.  I finished off the 3D blooms by gluing a small pearl in the center of each and then mounting most of the petals on pink circle to have the ability to play with the placement.  After I placed the circle of petals on the card base, I then added more to make the blossom look more organic.

Recipe
Card Size - 8.5in x 5.5in
Cardstock - Neenah, Recollections (pink), DCWV (green)
Ink- Memento (Angel Pink, Bamboo Leaves)
Accessories - pearls

No comments: