Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Just a not so quick note

 
Sometimes I just don't know what to do with myself... and other times I play.  I had this idea that kraft and white are the ultimate combination that aren't nearly exploited enough and can be masculine, fresh, yada, more, etc... well you get the idea. Hmmm... So I set off and stamp my phrase, staggering it to make a background strip, not perfect but I can work with it.  I then wanted to mount the image on white.  Yikes! It really didn't work the way I thought it would. Second thought! Can I save it.  I dry embossed it to make it look like it was intentional.  ugggg.... I'm really not sure.  So I inked the edges to help it.  No, this really isn't working (although I'm sure I will use it).
 

 
I then decide maybe it is pink and kraft the ultimate combination that aren't nearly exploited enough and who cares if it masculine but it will be fresh, yada, more, etc... well you get the idea.  So I stamp a light memento pink (do you really expect me to remember the color) oooo I love it.  I go ahead and stamp one phrase in the deeper pink and stamp my 3 step quill and ink. I might just go straight to nirvana at this point... then it dries! OH MY where did my beautiful light pink background go?  I don't believe this! *shaking my head*...
 
 
Third time is charm right? So I decide that grey, pink and kraft the ultimate combination that aren't nearly exploited enough and may not be masculine, but it is fresh, yada, more, etc... well you get the idea by this point don't you? because to be honest I'm not certain I do.  This is absolutely going to work. Um, um, um, it is ok.  but that's about it... maybe it is the placement of the quill that is still off...  Well I have had plenty of practice now.

 
I think it is time to stop counting and just be full of belief that grey, black and kraft are  the ultimate combination that aren't nearly exploited enough and are masculine, fresh, yada, more, etc... well you get the idea. Hmm... that quill and ink.  I need it because without it the card is just a card with words on the front.  I want it.  I'm stubborn, this has to work somehow doesn't it?
 
 
So have I told you about the card I made with kraft, black, grey and white ink? The ultimate combination that aren't nearly exploited enough and can be masculine, fresh, yada, more, etc... I'm still not certain about it.  I will let you know if I ever work it out.
 
Ingredients
Card size - 4.5 x 5.5 inches
Cardstock - Recollections Kraft
Stamps - Kitchen Sink Stamps "3 step school days"
Ink -  Brilliance, Memento - desert sand, potter's clay, angel pink, rose bud, london fog, Tuxedo black.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Kristen, this post makes me laugh! You don't know how many times I have scrapped a card, trying so hard to achieve the look I had imagined! If you want to know, I actually really like the second one from the bottom! :)

p.s. I found your blog via Splitcoast when you commented on a card in my gallery...Thanks! :)