Thursday, December 6, 2012

Birthday Flowers


This is a digital stamp from Clearly iStamp . It was a freebie a few months ago for a competition that I downloaded it for and never entered. So when I was in a bind this week for a large flower stamp and really couldn't think of something productive to make this is what jumped off my computer and said color me!
 
Originally I was going very plain with just the basket of flowers on the background.  TBH it just didn't look right.  I then thought I would add some color to the background to focus the eye.  That looked worse.  So I went through my hoard lovingly procured stash of designer paper and thought this was a decent match and kept the card light and fun.

Do you think it worked?

This card went to our 81 year old auntie with failing eyesight.  It was really important to use a large vibrant image.

This was the first time I had used a digi stamp.  I'm in love!

Ingredients
Card Size 8.5in x 5.5 in 
Cardstock - Neenah Solar White Classic Crest Smooth, The Paper Studio
Stamps - Clearly iStamp, Kitchen Sink Stamps
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Color- Copics
Accessories - clear glitter glue.



No comments: