Sunday, February 10, 2013

Class Act

 
So I wanted to play the Mix it Up Monday Challenge at Gina K... I also wanted to just play with an idea I had for this piano stamp and somehow they got combined.
 
Originally this piano was a One Layer CAS card.  Yup that's right until I smudged the white space.  Thus the salvage job of going ahead and using the image for the layout challenge this week.  I stuck fairly faithfully to the layout given.
 
So the details are that the piano and the treble clef and bass clef, and the sentiment are all versamark and detail black embossing powder.  I really like the effect of the black on black.  The curvy musical notes were stamped with a Big Juicy rainbow pad.  If I had planned to die cut I would have placed that lower on the image but it still works.  The straight musical score was stamped with Archival ink.  I don't know if the first picture really shows why this didn't work on white.  I basically had two images competing for focus.  Thus I went in after I thought I was done and attempted to tone down the white by sponging the archival ink.  It works but I only did an ok job. 


 
What I would do differently is
  1. Have the notes lower on the main image.
  2. Use kraft for banner.
  3. Age the musical score with a brown to tone it to a "kraft" neutral.
Ingredients:
Card Size - 4 1/4 in x 5.5 in
Cardstock - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White Smooth, Recollections;
Ink - Versamark, Big Juicy, Archival Ink Black;
Stamps - Gina K Designs Gleefully Yours, Vintage Borders;
Accessories - Detail Black Embossing Powder; Spellbingders Oval Nestabilities

No comments: