Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Musical Simple Sympathy

This card  was made in memory of a High School friend and her daughter who were tragically killed last week.  


I wanted something personal that related to both of them.  I met my friend during marching band and her daughter was accomplished in her school's chorale.  I didn't want it too heavy with black so I used one of the school colors of purple for contrast with the white.

I hope it gives some comfort to their family.

Ingredients
Card Size - 4 1/4 in x 5 1/2 in
Cardstock - Recollections white 110lb white, 65lb purple
Stamps - Kitchen Sink Stamps 3 step rose (sentiment)
Ink - Brilliance - purple
Accessories - Allegro embossing folder, Cuttlebug single and double note dies, Dimensionals, Corner Chomper


2 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

Great card, very nicely done...
Just spotted your blog link at Split Coast Stampers...stopping by to take a peek at your great cards. I'm limited on time right now but I will be back. Thanks for sharing your beautiful cards...

JD/ Jill said...

I'm so sorry, I just reread the top of your card, and realized that the sympathy card was made for the lost of your friend. I usually read the posts...but this was the first time that I looked at your blog, I was trying to take it all in.
I usually read the whole post but this time I didn't just looked at your card...
I'm sure your lovely card will bring comfort to the family.