Monday, November 30, 2009

Belated birthday "sweet" friend

I just love these images from High Hopes stamps and was determined to use them for a dear friend's very belated birthday card. I hated it being late but knew just that I was thinking of her would brighten her day whenever it arrived!

I colored in the little girl with the melon first and decided that the three main colors should be the pinky reds, greens and yellows of the melon. That made me decide the little girl would have brown hair and the sky would be a nice blue - I carried all these colors through the project but the main ones moreso.

I also wanted to use stitching on my card but I didn't want to ruin it so I went with faux stitching to keep the card fresh and clean.

I created the background paper with a nod to a checked picnic blanket but by using the main colors of the image the pinks and green and the chisel ends of my copics. For the sentiment image I just quickly colored in the rind and inside of the watermelon - and used one of my newly aquired punchesI thought this punch really picked up on the lace of the dress of the image. What do you think? and truthfully the cut around was a "save". I had stamped the two watermelon images for the inside and outside of the card on the same 1/4 sheet of cardstock and with the edging I had to either cut through the image or around it. I like the way my mistake turned out.

Now the nitty gritty -

Ingredients
Card size - 8.5 x 5.5 inches
Cardstock - Neenah, Bazzill
Ink - Memento tuxedo black
Stamps - High Hopes Stamps
Copics - 0, B000, B00, E00, E02, E31,E33, E35, G000, G14, G17, R20, R22, R32, R35, R37, Y11, Y15, Y17, C5, C7
Accessories - EK success punch, Nestabilities, Sakura gel pen

1 comment:

T said...

As the recipient of this card I can confirm that it well and truely brightened my day....specially as I was not expecting it and it is a beautiful card....xXx