Monday, November 9, 2009

Hipp O'Birthday!

I love this image I got from High Hopes! I never thought of myself as cutesy but I guess I am. I tend toward young images rather than overt realism. I guess I like the fun fantasy of them and the kick toward being young at heart. I do love the effects I get with my copics in coloring in our purple hippo. I decided to take a nod from the High Hopes Stamps though made my hippo more purple than theirs. Theirs has more pink tones but I shyed away from the pink tones as this is for a boy.


I also like the color combo of orange and blue and wanted to use up some of my patterned cardstock stash - so pretty but I struggle to use it!

With my critical eye I think there are two things I could have changed about this to just make it pop that much more. Use a co-ordinating green in the image itself and vary the grounding color from the shadow.

Ingredients
Card Size
- 5.5 in x 8.5 in
Cardstock - Neenah, Bazzill, DCWV
Stamps - High Hopes Stamps, Stampendous
Ink - Palette Noir
Color - Copics - BV00, BV02, BV04, BV06, BV08, YR02, YR04, YR07, B000, B00, B02, B05, R27, R29

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh so cute and what wonderful colouring! Great blog and cards!!

debzi333 aka Dedorah