Sunday, November 6, 2011

Combining inspiration for a great birthday card!


I would be lying if I didn't say I am rather pleased with the outcome of this card.  It all started with this post fringed-felt-flower-video-tutorial by Julie Ebersole.  I had to make a felt flower - I had all this excess felt off cuts from when I made the fez  .  So I followed her video and fell in love with the whole process of making such a fun embellishment.  I decided I was going to send this to my husband's auntie whose eyesight is failing and would appreciate the texture and dimension.  Now all I needed with the right layout.  I went to Moxie Fab Felt Challenge  got loads of inspiration to continue on my quest but couldn't find quite the right layout that I needed.  Then I happened upon this layout --> at StampTV and the accompanying beautiful inspiration card! Wowzer you should go take a look!  Go on... really go and take a look it is just a beautiful card AND perfect for what I needed. 


I think I fulfilled all my requirements and made a great card thanks to a lot of inspiration from some very talented ladies.  It took a couple of attempts to find the right color Copic to match my red, the first one when applied direct to paper looked a perfect match but when I airbrushed it was way too pink.

Ingredients
Card size - 8.5 in x 5.5 in
Cardstock - Neenah Classic Crest, Recollections
Ink - Memento
Stamps - Gina K Designs The best things in life
Color - copic to match red airbrushed
Accessories - circle and scalloped circles Nestabilities by Spellbinders, White and red with white dotted organza ribbon, adhesive pearls The Paper Studio.

1 comment:

Julie Ebersole said...

Oh, Kristen!!! This turned out super cute!!! Love how bright and happy it is! I hope your husband's aunt enjoys it!!! *hug*