Thursday, November 10, 2011

Unbee-lievable Birthday!


I decided I wanted to use this image first so I colored it... hmm how to mount and keep it all relevant because I knew this was going to be a "big" card compare to the ones that most cardmakers make.  I decided that I could cut down some cardstock and allude to a beehive.  My first attempt was dire.  I had graduated the cuts and truthfully it looked like a bad pyramid and didn't give the right "feel" so I started again.  This time I made the shape you can see and felt that the image mounted on black could allude to the hole in the beehive where the bees fly in and out.  I didn't want a literal interpretation just the idea.
Got all that done and decided I needed some leaves.  So I cut apart some extra vines (now if you have been following my blog you know I have already used them in another extra project).  I thought to make this all pull together that faux stitching would work.  I then decided to use the greeting out of Stampendous bee set I have.

Ingredients
Cardsize - 8.5 in x 5.5 in
Card stock - Neenah Classic Crest, Recollections, Black (unknown)
Stamps - High Hopes Rubber Stamps (image); Stampendous (greeting)
Ink - Memento
Color - Copic, American Crafts (white gel pen)
Accessories - Corner rounder, Spellbinders oval dies.

No comments: