Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Tree of Love - Wedding inspiration


So as with earlier this year we recieved an invite and I used it for my inspiration.  Truthfully the bride had shown me pictures of her wedding dress and the bridesmaids dresses several months ago and I had been mulling over the details on making just the right card for this girlie girl bride.  Any time I spoke with her or her family it was about the pink dressed with black buttons all the way down the back.  I kept trying to make something like that work and just didn't like anything I could think out.  Then the invite arrived: a sillouetted couple with branches (and trees on the envelope and back) and hearts... hmmm....


So I went with the color scheme, and a tree full of hearts, lots of hearts.  I thought the polka dots embossing alluded to the black buttons down the back of the dresses.  Psst. Look closely at the tree trunk.  I "carved" the couple's initials in the trunk!




Truthfully I completed this card without the black heart... and it needed a bit more pop.  Yikes I had already used the largest of my dies to make the aperture.  So I used the negative and attempted to trace around it at 1/4 inch and then hand cut it to make the frame for the aperture. 


This is the inside of the card.  The pink polka dot paper from the paper pack didn't quite match so I went with the black and more hearts which we used to sign the card.

Ingredients
Card size - 8.5 in x 5.5 in
Cardstock - Neenah Classic Crest, Recollections (pinks)
Paper - The Paper Studio
Stamps - High Hopes (image), Kitchen Sink Stamps (greeting), I Brake for Stamps (Inside)
Ink - Memento
Color - Copics
Accessories - Spellbinders heart dies; Polka dot Embossing folder;  Heart punch unknown.

No comments: