Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Yar Har Birthday!

Now if I had been clever I would have had this show up on my blog on talk like a pirate day, so I can cross being clever off my list of things achieved, because I'm just thinking it isn't going to happen now!

For some unknown reason my DH calls me a pirate.  I honestly do not know why.  At the moment it has stuck along with many pirate related punchlines about walking the plank/plundering booty etc.

Now I couldn't really let him get away with that could I?  Here is what I came up with -

 
The process was pretty straightforward.  I stamped my map and colored it in and airbrushed the edges to make it look more pirate-y.  The greeting I printed with a downloadable font and tore it and airbrushed it.  The duck I played with some new to me Hammermill glossy paper.  I don't know how I feel about the paper yet.  I like how it didn't absorb the ink but there is definitely a learning curve if I continue to use it.  It does, however, seem to make my copic brighter if that is possible.
 
Ingredients
Card size - 5.5 in x 8.5 in
Cardstock - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White Smooth, The Paper Studio, Hammermill Color Laser Gloss Paper, Printer Paper,
Stamps - Viva Las Vegastamps
Ink - Memento
Color - Copics
 


No comments: