Monday, September 24, 2012

Bouncing Baby Olive

I made this card for a baby shower to hold a gift card for Mamma and Baby.  My inspiration was the invitation and I nearly squee'd when Mamma noticed!  The invites were a pocket card with large rose outlines in olive greens and pinks for the colors and some polka dot accents with some pink pearls.  I played with those elements and came up with this.

I really wanted to use my Kangaroo with Joey stamp.  I love this stamp for Baby showers. I used my embossing folder for polka dots.


It was my first attempt at a pocket card.  I tried to take shortcuts and that didn't work so I really looked at the original and worked out where I needed to cut and put the adhesive.  If you look closely at the insert, you can see there is a pocket for the gift card.

Ingredients
Card size - 4.25in x 5.5in
Cardstock - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White Smooth.
Stamps - High Hopes Stamps
Ink - Memento
Color - Copics
Accessories - Embossing folder - polka dots, Ribbon, Pearls.

No comments: