Thursday, December 13, 2012

Tilt - a Ho Ho Ho!


This card looks simple right... well let me tell you.... it took forever to make!

Now a single tilt probably wouldn't have taken so long but I needed these to line up and then I needed them to be bottom heavy to actually tilt so that required and extra weight on the bottom of each "Ho" to help it swing.

The "HO"'s are a Justrite alphabet that I stamped in versamark, embossed with zing glitter embossing powder.  They really do sparkle.  Like my Christmas Cod Card I stamped 3 hats on a sheet of red scrap and cut them out and applied liquid applique which I heated to puff up.  These were mounted together on a diecut green circle. 

The front panel was run through my Grand Caliber twice to cover the card.  This type of situation is exactly what I bought it for - when I want to emboss the entire front of a card and the embossing is at 90degrees from the panel and needs a larger platform.  Luckily I didn't get rid of my cuttlebug.  I use it most for smaller things, however it is great to still have those plates to run my embossing folders through my Grand Caliber without messing about with shims.

Ingredients
Card Size - 8.5 in x 5.5 in
Cardstock - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White Smooth, Bazzill
Stamps - Justrite Stampers, High Hopes Stamps (santa hat off a santa image)
Ink - Memento, Versamark
Accessories - Zing green glitter embossing powder, Liquid Applique, 9 pennies, Spellbinders circle dies.


just wanted to show off the texture and dimension on this card in this last picture.



No comments: