Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Black Ink Comparison



Every stamp group of which I have been a part, stampers ask about black ink.  So I thought I would stamp out my own and show the differences because a picture is worth a 1000 words right!

I have stamped out my blacks in Versacraft, Versacolor, Gina K Designs, Memento, Archival, and Stazon on Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80lb.  I did my best to give them all and equal opportunity with the dollar rubber stamp I picked up from Michael's a few months ago.  Here is how they came out.  I would put Gina K (dye ink) 1st and Stazon (solvent ink) 2nd for blackness.  The foxes were stamped left to right, top to bottom (in case the stamp being "seasoned" had an effect).  Hope that helps anyone looking at these inks.  I use them all as some are better at different applications.

What I used:
Cardstock - Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 80 lb
Stamp - Michael's
Ink - Versacraft Real Black, Versacolor black, Gink K Designs Black Onyx, Memento Tuxedo Black, Archival Jet Black, Stazon Jet Black

No comments: