Saturday, June 20, 2015

Sunset Swan Anniversary



I made this anniversary card for my Brother in Law and Sister in Law.  When I made it I liked it but... and I think that is the problem.  It is the scene I wanted, just a lake and a sunset, but ....  I think it is missing something.  Initially, I attempted a no line watercolor with it and clear embossed the swans and even with the intensity of the colors in the back ground they were just lost in the scene so I over stamped with gray which created an interesting shadow effect with the clear embossing as a highlight.  I like this but I wish it was better and the only way to get better is to keep trying.

What it took - 
Card size - 8 1/2 in x 5 1/2 in;
Cardstock - Watercolor paper, Recollections 110 lb white, 65 lb blue;
Stamp - Stampendous Swan Pair;
Ink - Versamark, Memento gray;
Color - Koi Watercolor

No comments: