Thursday, July 17, 2008

A Justrite gift!

I picked up the Just-rite monogram stamper last Wednesday and was so excited to get it out of the box then I thought I was going to have to stand on my head to get the border on - I found out on SCS that I had a defective one so I contacted Just-rite directly and told them my problem. They emailed me right away and we sorted it out and I received my replacement stamper in the mail on Monday! Can you believe it what great customer service that is? So a Big Shout out to the Just Rite time and just in time so I could make this gift to send to my neice.

I took a leaf out of Lauren Meader's blog entry and did the first name and then last initial. My color choices were dictated by the ribbon. I cut my circles with my Quickutz cookie cutter dies - my nestabilities circles are making there way to me at the moment but alas too late to get this done and in the post. I inked up my monogram stamper with some Versacraft cherry pink. The small dots in the border are highlighted with Sakura clear glitter pen. The green cardstock is from a selection I picked up at Wally's world and has a slight sheen too it - I just had to run it through my cuttlebug paisley folder!

The folio idea I picked up while surfing on Splitcoaststampers. I made by playing around with numbers and my scorpal - there are still a few tweaks to make it better and I am certain there is probably a brilliant tutorial out there that I just couldn't find when I needed to get this done... in the end because of the thickness of the note cards I went back and scored in gussets where I could to accomodate this. I decorated the front of the folio using the same cardstock through the cuttlebug with the cuttlebug paisley die that I just had to have and then hadn't used.

I also sent my neice a birthday card with this set. I will post that next time!

Oh and I have added a link to the side where you can get FREE TEMPLATES to use on your own or with your cricut and I think sillouette so have a look!

Recipe
Ink - Versacraft cherry pink; Sakura clear glitter pen
Dies - Cuttlebug
Embossing - Cuttlebug
Embellishments - Michael's ribbon
Paper - Georgia Pacific and ? Colorbok
Cardsize - notelet (4.25in x 5.5in)

No comments: