Monday, July 7, 2008

SWEET!

This is a notelet sized card that I made to send to my "cardies" last month, as one of our group calls us! The stamps are from a too cute set from Technique Tuesday called "Icing on the Cake". I wanted to use this set and really started off thinking about cupcakes - I mean have you seen all the fabby cupcake cards there are around and then I thought - HMMM maybe I should just save cupcakes for birthday cards because I have so many of those to do - well for me - and can never think of an idea and who doesn't like cupcakes etc. So after I finished my internal dialogue with myself. I decided it is summer and I NEED some ice cream and even better this is the ZERO calorie kind. Now we are talking!

So this card started with cutting and embossing the white cardstock out with my new nestabilities (oh I love those things!) I stamped the icecream stamps on the cardstock using versamark for the ice cream itself and gel-a-tins chocolate embossing powder - yum! Its not an overpowering smell but it is there! I also made a scalloped frame for them, at this point I chose orange - I just think it so refreshing for summer and I had already played around and decided that I would have chocolate ice cream and then the blue base card just seemed to make it come together. Then I went looking through my designer paper that I had bought ages ago and had never used - you know when you think its too good to use! and found this K&Company Brenda Walton Neopolitan paper - now how perfect is that! (I know you probably already knew about it!). I just then had to sort out a sentiment for the front and some ribbon and Voila!
Ingredients
Stamps - Technique Tuesday, Stampendous alphabet
Ink - Adironack Caramel, Adirondack Expresso, Versamark
Embossing powder - Gel-a-tins chocolate bliss
Diecutting - Nestabilities
Designer Paper - K&Company Brenda Walton
Embellishment - ribbon from Michael's

No comments: