Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Bouncing Baby Boy!

Another boy card! Thankfully I just have these too cute stamps from High Hopes - it just makes it difficult to decide which one to use! There really must be something in the water with all these boys!
I AM happy with this card, I have to say. Though it is nothing like my original vision in my head! Does anyone stick to their original idea all the way through a card? I was inspired by the Heartprints Gallery - some really amazing things there! I actually started to do this as an all white front with the Kanga on a raised embossed section - although "nice" it was just too white for me! So I made my swiss dots embossing into a frame (had to send that baby through twice AND poke some of the dots back out with my embossing tool). Kanga is now cut to show the shading and raised from the base with 3-D Zots. BTW - this card is 5x7 - I just like BIG cards for BIG occasions!

I really think I need a Scor-pal. I have been trying to talk myself out of one but I just don't seem to be able to get the nice deep grooves that so many people are getting without one. The ribbon is attached with the brad alone thanks to my cropadile through three layers of ribbon and one layer of card!

Gotta love that Baby Oil technique and any residual "smell" is just oh so perfect for this occasion! LOL

Hope you like!


Recipe:
Cardstock - Georgia Pacific, DCWV pastel blue
Stamps - High Hopes
Ink - Adirondack Espresso, Brilliance Graphite
Color - Prismacolor pencils
Embossing - Cuttlebug folders - Swiss Dots and Perfectly Paisley, Fiskars trimmer
Ribbon - Michael's
Brads - Making Memories

4 comments:

Treacle said...

Ooooo i'm loving that card and on the scorpal thing you can't resist anymore "resistance is futile" lol

Go and get one everyone deserves a treat :o)

Anonymous said...

Great job with using different embossing on white.

Angelnorth said...

I love this image and you've created a gorgeous card with it! Love the effect of the embossing on white.

Anonymous said...

What a fab image!! :) Love the card.

Vanessa.