Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Ladybug? Ladybird? Graduation Card.

I never know what to call an "LB" anymore - Ladybug is American, Ladybird is British so I think the darling little bug will just be LB from now on! LOL.

This card is for my Auntie in Alaska who just graduated college for nursing! WOOHOO! She absolutely lurves ladybugs so I took my inspiration from there. I decided to use the swiss dots cuttle bug folder to emphasize the dots on the LB and again I chose the ribbon to tie in. The circle was cut from the front layer first and is a Quickutz cookie cutter die. I put the solid circle aside and put the cardstock through my cuttlebug with the swiss dots folder x 2. I then used my Fiskars trimmer to score two lines and then stamped my greeting from Hampton Arts. I then measured my greeting so I would know where to score the bottom two lines and flipped the cardstock over and scored. After that I sent it through with my swirls folder. I then went over the top of the Congratulations with a graduation cap stamp and my versamark and clear embossing powder. I placed the organzaa ribbon to highlight this and be a color tie to the main image. I then mounted this on the black card base.

The lady bug image was stamped with Brilliance Graphite Ink and colored in with Sakura glitter pens. I then went around the circle making dots my black marvy pen. Then I just had to tackle the "nekkid" envelope too! This time I colored in the LB's with permanent red ink. This was added to the "hole" I had made earlier using 3-D Zots for dimension. After I took the picture I added an insert with a LB on the corner too! I really hope she likes it!

Sorry for the blurry close up! just trying to show the elements together and the clear embossing!LOL

Ingredients
Ink - Brilliance Graphite Black
Stamps - Unknown, Hampton Arts
Embossing - swiss dots, devine swirl, Fiskars trimmer
Pen- Marvy, Sakura

2 comments:

T said...

beautiful card, but then I'm biased.

Jukie said...

This is adorable! I love the level of detail.