Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Dahlia for MIL's Birthday

ROFL - well so much for an original title... I got my inspiration from Monty's Mum for this card. The template is from DaringCardMakers challenge and the instructions for the Dahlia fold is from SCS. I'm sure I had some original idea in there somewhere! LOL.
I think my MIL will like this as she has helped with her local disabled gardeners' club for many years so a "dahlia" fold is so appropriate and the purple is to reflect the Amethyst birthstone of February.


The card base is hammered cardstock, the pearlescent purple cardstock and the dotted organzaa are all from Mike's. The embossing folder is Cuttlebug's stylized flowers. The Dahlia cut outs and the greeting cutouts were done using Quickcuts cookie cutters. The corner rounder EK success. The paper is from K&Co Brenda Walton selection that I got a few years ago and was "too good to cut" - I have decided now that nothing is "too good" and it doesn't do anyone any good just sat out of site. I glued some spotted and some flowered paper back to back with Modge Podge to get it double sided. I used Vladimir script for my greeting as I don't have small enough greetings/alphabet stamps for the size I needed - I love it that I can get pretty much what I want on the computer for these sort of occasions.
Hope you like.

4 comments:

T said...

Fab card Petal, really lovely.

Gina said...

Beautiful card! The folded dahlia and embossed paper are both stunning! :O)

shaz earl said...

great card Petal xx

Sadie said...

I love the folds on this card.