Saturday, February 26, 2011

2010 Ski bear Snow Wishes

I decided early on that I wanted this card to use non-traditional christmas colors. 
I think it works even though I didn't have quite the right color cardstock and ribbon to match the blues in the coloring.  Sometimes I think we can get too hung up on things matching.  When Helena Bonham Carter was questioned by Jay Leno recently about her oddly paired shoes at the Golden Globes she said perfection is overrated and she is happy being herself. 

I think she had a point.  I know many card makers that can drive themselves to distraction trying to perfectly match items rather than enjoying the "flaw" or even glorying in it - so here's a shout out for non-matching blues - don't let them get ya down!

Recipe
Card size - 8.5 in x 5.5 in
Cardstock - Neenah, Bazzill
Stamps -  High Hopes
Ink -  Memento
Color-  Copics
Accessories - Ribbon from Michaels, Spellbinders snowflake background die.


PS - the color matching police haven't found me yet!

No comments: