Thursday, February 17, 2011

Fly by Birthday for future Fly boy.

I made this card expressly for my cousin, his heart's desire is to go to Naval Academy and fly as long as he doesn't get too tall!

So truthfully I bought this set from Clear Dollar Stamps specifically with him in mind because whether or not his dreams come true he will always love airplanes.
I made a tonal background using London Fog and Tuxedo Black in my Memento inks, alternating colors and stamps to get a masculine feel.  I colored the focal image with Copics and plenty of color to ensure it stood out.  I matted it on the black and put it to the background and it just seemed to swim on the page.  I decided I needed to break up the background so I adhered the black strip across.  That really made it much better.  I put the card together adding a bit of masculine bling with the silver brads on the corners of the main image.   It was still a bit blah.  So I decided to use the "Happy Birthday" stamp from another Clear Dollar Stamps set (I think Classic Cruisin) and round them so they were like little message clouds.  Hope you like.

Recipe
Card Size - 8.5 in x 5.5 in
Cardstock - Neenah, The Paper Source
Ink - Memento - Tuxedo Black & London Fog
Color - Copics
Accessories - corner rounder, silver brads.

No comments: