Monday, February 28, 2011

Vroom! Vroom! Happy Birthday!



I made this card for my son for his birthday over the weekend.  He is 17 and of course like most 17 year olds he dreams of the day he will own a fast car.  Notice I don't share that dream but as long as it's a dream then I can live with it and indulge all the work he is doing to one day afford one!
I ran across this card contest on Clearly iStamp and thought it would make a great layout for a masculine birthday card.

Pretty much everything on this card IS Clear Dollar Stamps - The car image, the greeting, the background, and even those bolts; they are stamped in Memento Tuxedo black, cut out and then a clear glaze over them for some shine and texture.  This is one case where I started with the card sketch, the intended recipient (and chose the appropriate stamps from Clear Dollar Stamps) and ran with it.

So, do you think my card is running fast or running on empty?

Recipe
Card Sketch - CDC #22
Card size - 8.5 in x 5.5 in
Cardstock - Neenah (base and image), Recollections (Blue), The Paper Source (Black)
Stamps -  Clear Dollar Stamps - bolt (Wrench & Bolt set), Metal plate (Heavy Metal), Happy Birthday (Cool Ride), Car (Corvette 1968)
Ink - Memento (Tuxedo Black, London Fog)
Color - Copics (sky - B0000, B000, B00; car - B23, B24, B29, B00, C1,C3, C5, W3,W5, E31; ground - C1, C3, C5)
Accessories - Cuttlebug embossing folder (gears), Spellbinders Nestabilities Oval

ETA - to answer the question - yes the diamond plate background is stamped.

1 comment:

Jessi's cards said...

I really liked this card. It is clean and bold. I think my son would just love it. You stamped the diamond plate pattern as well or is that embossed?