Sunday, September 14, 2014

Art Journaling - Tagents & Tactics No. 1 - Starburst


I did it! I finally got rolling (properly) with my Art Journal thanks to this thread on Splitcoaststampers and these prompts on Daisy Yellow Art.  And yeah, I started thinking about this page when the prompt was put to my attention on Splitcoaststampers.  It really took me that long and several attempts to get to this point where I am happy with it.



I will be honest.  I was very hung up on doing it "right" instead of just doing it.  Finally I decided it is my journal and whatever the prompt I can't do it wrong because I am doing it for me and if someone else likes it then that is ok too.

This first page for me was a trip down memory lane.  Every time I wanted to start the Starburst screamed Sunburst to me and "Here Comes the Sun" by the Beatles.  So I based this page on my memories of that song including writing out the lyrics and journaling about when it was "my song" in a play.

I think my favorite part of this page is the floating feathers and maybe the multicolored rain! oh and the blue and green waves...

Ingredients
Canson XL Mixed Media 14" x 11" pad
Copic Multiliners
Koi Water Colors

1 comment:

Joan B said...

Love this. I am going to start a gratitude journal and hope to incorporate some stamping. Great colors.