Monday, September 15, 2014

Art Journaling - Tagents & Tactics No. 2 - Cup Half Full



Following the prompt Cup Half Full on Daisy Yellow Art, I thought about this quite a bit.  I decided I wanted the visual effect of looking down into the cup and the feeling of half empty or half full.


I journaled this page first.  For half empty I knew it was a process with an end because I journaled from the outside to the middle.  Whereas half full had/has endless possibilities because starting small and working out it ended when I was ready for it to end rather than when the space ran out.  I splatted the Half full page with many colors because that is what makes life with so many endless opportunities, even the darkest days but I didn't want that to be the focus.  I wanted it to be bright, airy and warm and hopefully expressing hope and optimism.  It is almost rising off the page.

Ingredients
Canson XL Mixed Media 14" x 11" pad
Copic Multiliners
Micron pen
Koi Water Colors

No comments: