Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Butterfly birthday

I don't know about you, but I just about love this card.  The texture, the color pop of the butterfly! To me it just says "special", and I hope you think so.  This card was so easy and I really raided my stash.  I got these Butterflies about 10 years ago.  I have tried to use them before but it never was quite right.Knowing that I was going to use the butterflies and inspired by that spiral card inserts I had seen at the beginning of the year.  I thought I needed texture and simplicity to make the zing.  I cute a 5.5 x 8.5 panel.  Using the Happy Birthday embossing folder determined the orientation of my card.  I played with ideas and settled on the central panel with borders all embossed on the same piece of cardstock and with scored lines to join/separate the panels.  The small circle was stamped and highlighted with white gel pen.

I cut loads of circles in white and blue cardstock to carry on the circle theme from the front of the card.  I then used my circle nestabilities to cut a large circle and then emboss all the circles that nest inside for cutting guidlines to make them into a spiral.  I put landing circles on the spiral for the butterflies and to continue the circle theme and attached more butterflies and a couple of dragonflies.

To be honest, because I backed the circles on each side of the spiral it made them a little bit heavy on the wider part of the spiral but I think it works.

Ingredients
Card size - 8.5 in x 5.5 in finished front
Card stock - Neenah Classic Crest, Bazzill
Stamps - JustRite Stampers
Ink - Memento Blue Danube
Miscellaneous - Spellbinders Circle Nestabilities; Butterfly acetate stickers; American Crafts White gel pen



No comments: