Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Purple & Gold Graduation


First things first, this card is almost impossible to photograph between the purple and the gold mirri! Honestly what do I do to myself.

Secondly, if you look close you can see there is a cord to the tassel and shading etc...Is your nose up to the screen yet? I did say you would have to look close.

Thirdly, IRL my layers are right.  The mirri looks wonky for the greeting in the photo.

I think this is pretty straightforward. Love inking up my Kitchen Sink Stamp Graduation Cap.  I'm really picky about perspectives on Graduation caps, there are some stamps out there that a really off. 

This card was for my son.  He told me off for putting "Graduate" instead of "Son".  I had to laugh because I had debated on putting Son, and then decided on graduate.  I thought, it isn't as if he is going to get another card exactly like it and so far I have been right!

BTW do you like the "save" on there.  I had stamped the cap directly on the labels layer to take up the space on the card and it was just floating.  So I masked a circle and airbrushed and then (again look close) put a fine line of metallic gold around the circle just to pop/zing/ta-da or whatever exciting word I supposed to use.

Ingredients
Card Size - 8.5 in x 5.5 in
Card Stock - Neenah, Open Stock from Archivers, Mirri
Stamps - Kitchen Sink Stamps
Ink - Memento Sweet Plum; Versamark
Miscellaneous - Spellbinders Nestabilities; Sakura Metallic gold gel pen, Zing! Metallic Gold Embossing powder

1 comment:

TLady said...

This IS NICE!!!!!!!!!! LOVE the gold!!!!!!!!!! VERY NICE CARD!!!!!!!!!!! It looks VERY COLLEGIATE! I DO LIKE that set!!!!!!!!!! :) (THANK YOU for responding to my call for "help!" I VERY MUCH APPRECIATE IT!!!!!!!) :)