Wednesday, April 8, 2009

But it kept looking too masculine!!!

OK this probably isn't grungy but it definitely isn't "perky" maybe muted is the correct expression with softer tones of earthy colors and beautiful stamps from Kitchen Sink Stamps and a Stampendous marble texture cube.

My personal challenge for this was to make a card for my MIL using the beautiful humingbird and the Basic Gray Archaic pad - just like many I'm a patterned paper collector. I buy it will all these ideas and get it home and stare at it wondering why I bought it. So I cut rectangles with the front rectangle being smaller than the next and so on. I was going to stack them in a decreasing fashion however, it actually looked too masculine. I stamped the hummingbird with memento inks (I bought all the little teardrop ones that Kitchen Sink Stamps had!). I then used my square Nestabilities to cut out and emboss the image and then to mask as I dappled brown ink over the entire image, leaving a white frame.

I needed a greeting so I turned to my beautiful stamps again and stamped the greeting in the darkest brown and cut again with the Nestabilities. I then thought the white around the image looked too stark so I did my best to match up my greens and some paler memento browns and used my cube Stampendous Marble stamp on both images. I found some Bazzill brown that tied into the color scheme to mount and then thought again - "it looks too masculine" so then I thought (as you do) "D'oh! Hummingbird! I need some flowers" so that is when I decided to add the flower brads and the ribbon bow (it looks a bit like a flower right? LOL).

Well that is it for today. Hopefully I will get some more of my stash up here soon!

Ingredients
  • Card size - 5.5 in x 8.5
  • Cardstock - Georgia Pacific, Basic Gray, Bazzill
  • Stamps - Kitchen Sink Stamps, Stampendous
  • Ink - Memento

1 comment:

Suzie Q said...

Hi,
Great cards!,thought i would pop over i am Treacle's friend (i know her as Tracy!)I'm sure i will be back have a nice day
Suzie Q
xxx